Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day with the Preps :D

Friday before mothers day, is guaranteed to involve mothers, morning tea, getting sitters to take your kids other kids if your lucky, watching your child perform and taking photos, lots of photos, and smile and oohhh and ahhhhh at the right time.

I did all of this, and when I arrived at school, this is what I saw:





Needless to say I cried. As most of the other mums did.

They gave us a mug, filled with soil and a little plant ~ ready to bloom, and picture of our child in the shape of a flower on a paddle pop stick. ADORABLE.

Now,

Whenever I heard of people giving teachers presents at the end of the year i could never understand why, and even secretly made a pact not to waste the money. Really! I will end up having 3 kids at school eventually, do I really want to buy presents for teachers whose JOB it is to teach my kids?

AFTER TODAY, I have changed my mind.

1 comment:

Kylz said...

wow wow wow!
what a beautiful song! No wonder you were crying!
what a gorgeous idea!