Here is a pic of Jasons first day before he left.
His shifts was 8am-4pm so it was so strange having him there when I woke up - he is usually gone every morning when he was travelling to the Academy at Oxley.
Today (Saturday) I took the kids for a swim at Nans and Pops to keep them sane in the muggy weather, and the water was beautiful! After their naps Jason came home and we went up to the North Pine Dam for Family Day. There was a great breeze and the kids were tearing around and then we could see the rain coming over the dam -
And then on us! The kids played in the rain and were having a ball jumping in puddles and getting wet. And photo after the rain.
He is looking forward too it. But I will be on my own tomorrow as Jasons working again. Lucky Nanna is coming up and can help me out....she is Stake Primary President so its not JUST to see Trent and hear his one liner....but mostly lol
His shifts was 8am-4pm so it was so strange having him there when I woke up - he is usually gone every morning when he was travelling to the Academy at Oxley.
Today (Saturday) I took the kids for a swim at Nans and Pops to keep them sane in the muggy weather, and the water was beautiful! After their naps Jason came home and we went up to the North Pine Dam for Family Day. There was a great breeze and the kids were tearing around and then we could see the rain coming over the dam -
And then on us! The kids played in the rain and were having a ball jumping in puddles and getting wet. And photo after the rain.
Tomorrow is the Primary Presentation so we will see how that goes. Trent has one line to say and is the first kid up on the stand
'My name is Trent, and I'm a child of God'
He is looking forward too it. But I will be on my own tomorrow as Jasons working again. Lucky Nanna is coming up and can help me out....she is Stake Primary President so its not JUST to see Trent and hear his one liner....but mostly lol
6 comments:
Peta 7 days straight is shocking! Does Jason get a day off this week then? I take my hat off to you that you haven't gone bananas yet. I had a mini meltdown yesterday and I only have 2 children. (I'm blaming the hot weather yesterday - it affected my emotions!! haha) It's times like that that I appreciate how hard it must be for single mums. Well Done to you and keep up the positive attitude with Jason's work. I hope the primary presentation went well for Trent today. Is it your Mum that's the primary president? Shame you can't film the presentation so Jason could see it..
Have a good week! (btw lovely to chat on here to you!!)
I agree Bev, its great to catch up with you here :) Jason worked 7 days but only works Wednesday and Thursday next week. So he has 5 days off next week, which will be sweet. Lots of family time and park visits. Jason went in the sit in on Primary rehersals (just the beginning where Trent talks) last week so he can at least see him. Our church is afternoon and Jason finishes at 2pm - so will be at church for Sunday School and Priesthood which is good.
I agree, hot weather is enough to send anyone batty and causes patience to run thin...thats why i took them to mums for a swim yesterday. Had to get out of here - specially on a Saturday on my own.
Have a nice week to you too! Should be great for us with only 2 working days :D
ps; yes my mum is stake primary pres.
hey, sad i missed the fam day! looks like the kids had heaps of fun!
How did trent go in his primary presentation. Kahlia's is on this sunday she's saying "we can say family prayers"
i invited mum and dad so they are coming, n so is tomo :-)
we had our primary presentation a month or so ago.. anika gets nervous and annoyingly her nervous twitch is to pick her nose/rub her nose etc... ewwwww!!
so before hand I kept saying dont pick your nose.. rub your hair, or so something ELSE!! and she did really well..nothing embarrassing at all :)
and kalani had to stand alone and read out the second verse to "when Jesus was baptised" I say read.. because I am sure they wanted her to sing it.. but unfortunealty she has inherited her mothers horrid voice and she sings flat and out of key.. so they had her speak it while the piano was playing and luckily and went really well.. talk about being nervous :) me.. not them :)
Peta...
Soooooo nice reading that Jason has settled in well to the Police Service...Yes...that 7 days straight is a hardy...but you do get use to it...& then the days off in a row after it...ARE A REAL TREAT ;=)
Really enjoyed reading & seeing his swearing in day!!
Its such a PROUD DAY... Your heart swells with pride & you just hold your breath soooo tight watching them standing there AT ATTENTION... for soooo long... you see them wriggling their toes...its funny... they are taught that...& iv attending quiet a few ova the years... All the pomp & ceromony IS THE QLD POLICE SERVICE...that is one part of the job that NEVER CHANGES.... hehe;)
They can modernize lotsa things... but they will never take THAT PRIDE & CEROMONY PART outa the job... another thing will will work out very quickly being apart of the Police Family... it JUST THAT...
WE ARE A FAMILY... we all stick together & when 1 of them are hurt or upset in anyway... on the job... everyone hurts with them... Dave has been in the QLD POLICE SERVICE for 33yrs now... & that is one thing that i can share & comfort you with... Police look out for each other & their families... so you can safely know.. Jason...& your family will be well cared for... Its a real family community... being in the Police Family;)
Enjoy his new career...he will do great job!!
Love & Best Wishes...
Sharon & Dave & All Us Noisy Mob... xxx ;+]
Post a Comment