Thursday, December 18, 2008

My type of house!

14th December 2008

So after wanting to start Gingerbread houses as our family tradition, finding a great recipe last week, and practicing it once I thought I would suck it in and give it a go. I was inspired by Bobbies tallents and got some awesome tips from her (like freezing the dough and cutting the shape of the house while it was hard). So here are my houses complete with life saver stained glass window and christmas tree (prior to decorating)



The kids decorated them themselves and we chose two families to give them too. The third house was decorated by my niece Jaime and she took hers home. It was so nice to have the Christams carols going, the smells of fresh baked food in the house, the kids decorating and our thoughts only on giving them away! Our neighbours got one, and friends got the other. I would have loved to have given one to everyone I know but it was a lot of work and only my first try. Maybe next year! I loved the precious time with my kids and the feeling of beginning this great new tradition. What a special time of year.




Ready to go:



Yum!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They Look great! Good Job Peta and kids :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Peta <3 <3

Its really nice to see ALL THE YOUNG FAMILIES...
Starting their own Christmas Traditions... ;+0

Your Gingerbread Houses turned out Lovely & the
best part of it all was they were created with Love!!

Picking families to give them to is PRICELESS... now that's what this time of year is all about...
Giving...& seeing the delight in the lucky recipients eyes & then of course...You & Your Family giggling with glee...as they "learn & feel" the REAL spirit of Christmas... ***Giving*** <3 <3 <3

Hope your hubby has settled into the Queensland Police Service well...I would love to hear your "take" on being married to a Police Officer??



Love Sharon Dave & All Moore's xx
PS/ MERRY CHRISTMAS BYE THE WAY ....HEHE;)

Kylz said...

next year i'm coming over when you do these! they look soo cool!
my kids must think i really suck!
u r crafty and have good ideas!

Cowan Family said...

WOW Peta - they are a fabulous - 1st attempt or otherwise. Very accomplished of you. How did you manage to do these with a 5mth old under your feet!
Such a beautiful way to share the love this Christmas - great tradition.
Love the Cowans. XX

This Girl loves to Talk said...

OH they are GREAT PETA!! what a good job.. and you had the kids in there and all.. my first year was a disaster.. so you did REALLY GOOD!!!